- Maynard Ferguson “Do you mind if I listen in for awhile?”
- “Warren’s America”-Warren Wiebe Vocals-Daniel May Piano
- When Alligator Jack heard the jingle he said, “Gay-ree that you song you did for me is funkier than 10 yards of damp zoo dirt!” And then he started to laugh..Heh-heh-heh.
- Harry Lookofsky…“When you asked the contractor for me to play on your session today,who did you ask for,Harry Lookofsky or the guy with the hat?”
- As he handed me the keys he smiled and asked, “So, Mr. Michaels whatd’ya think,now ? Am I the best in Jefferson?” And then he held his head back and laughed. I said, “No, Mr. Hicks you are the best, period.”
- 4,368 hits
Copyright Notice© Gary A.Michaels and Gary Michaels Online Corp, 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Gary A.Michaels and Gary Michaels Online Corp with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Monthly Archives: February 2012
It was 1960, and I was in the eighth grade when I first heard Maynard Ferguson play the trumpet. On a trip to Sioux Falls my Mom bought the Maynard Ferguson,“Dancing Sessions,” album for me. She said she bought it because … Continue reading